Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Pastelmat

My new paper came in the mail today from overseas. I kept reading about pasteles absolutely love this paper so I figured I would bite the bullet and just buy some.

Wow.

The difficulty with this is now I feel like I may never want to use a different kind of paper when pastel painting. The paper itself feels smooth but it grabs paper better than any of the sand sanded papers that I have tried.

There is a learning curve and I think I will have to plan drawings a little bit so that I do not lose light value, but in general this maybe be my new favorite paper. Which kind of sucks because its expensive as hell! The majority of my playtime I may need to be on different papers... but this is definitely going to be my choice for finished work.

That said I jumped into the below koi fish way quickly because I wanted to experience the paper asap! What you see below is the first session with me trying to learn how the pastels work with the paper.

I am about to start session two. Netflix on,  pastels up...lets do this.

No comments: