Monday, September 07, 2015

A breath of fresh air...

It has been many years since I have posted here. I have a website at www.bambilynn.weebly.com. I even started a version of this blog for a daily sketch project inspired by my then boyfriend and artist Eric Shonborn. (www.shonborn.net)  I let that fall by the wayside too as I spiraled into an overwhelming black hole of "why bother."

"Why bother?"  How about because life just doesnt feel like life without making art of some kind? Because the worst of black holes is the one you create for yourself - one woven from your own mentality.

Yesterday I started a portrait from a picture off of the web...a tentative taste of my past love of charcoal drawing.

I missed this. I want more.

I want to wake up from my art sleep. 

This is me...shouting into the interwebs that I want to make shit again, get my skill level back, and have fun creating again.

This is me saying I am taking baby steps back to feeling like myself. I deleted all past posts for this particular blog...I am starting over. 

No comments: