Monday, October 12, 2015

Dear Andy

This is a shitty likeness and yuck portrait. But...it means something to me.  a few years ago I lost one of my best friends to cancer. I have been wanting to do a portrait of him for a long time and after his birthday this year I figured it was about time to try. Unfortunately I didn't succeed well with this one but there will be others. I attempted to write a letter to him in the background by pressing hard into the paper and then covering it thinking that it would work as a resist. It worked very well with the white paper but with the darker paper it didn't show up quite as well. I miss my friend very much, I wish that he could meet my dog and I wish that he would have been around for certain movies and TV shows I know he would have enjoyed. But most of all I miss his laugh and is genuine smile and his brilliant mind. Dear Andy, I miss you.

No comments: